Monday, September 04, 2006

1/3 T1

Week 4 of the first trimester got over yesterday. This means that 1/3 of T1 is up. Thinking about this scares me a lot. I had a thought that a 16 month course would not be so intensive and fast-track. But it does seem to be.

I took some time to gear up to the speed, this meant that I had a huge backlog and now it seems there is no time to cover that up. I have exams in 12 days, and this week is full of assignments and presentations. Its so much different from the engineering times, where one could literally fool around for 5 months and still crack the exams after studying for a month. Don’t think this is going to work here. Anyways, am not complaining. I am happy that I realized this 4 weeks into the first trimester.

I have taken four courses this trimester.
Economic Analysis
Financial Accounting
Managing Business Operations
Financial Management

To be frank, am not upto the mark yet. Economic Analysis looks to simple on the face, but when the prof gives a case to prepare I am blank. The common sense is there but the economic sense has still not developed. Need to find a solution quick.. “How to think like an Economist?”

Financial Accounting is a foundation course on accounting. Initially it seemed to very hard, but slowly am coming to terms with it. However, I still need to practice a lot.

Managing Business Operations is by far the most interesting course this trimester. Atleast for me. But how I wish that we had a more commanding prof. A good prof would have made a deadly combo. Some people might argue that he is good and gives a lot of real life examples, but I feel that in those examples the real message gets lost most of the time. Anyways, the course is not bad and I have a special liking for it as I am interested in Operations Mgmt.

Financial Management is proving to be a tough nut to crack. No doubt it’s a very interesting course. Am learning a lot of financial jargon that I had heard and read about but did not really know what they meant. However, the application of these concepts is proving to be a real pain. The course is more on the quantitative side but it still does not shine a line in my mind. Need to gain a lot in this one!

Lets see how the presentations go this week. Should have some marks in my kitty by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Vijay said...

Great Post. Succintly worded and beautifullt reflects the "Trishanku" state we are all in !!! Keep Going !!!

Compilcated Junk said...

thanks da! hope to continue..