Monday, August 07, 2006

It all began 12 days ago...

I reached Singapore on 25th Morning. A new beginning...a new innings in my life.
I had company from Mumbai, so the journey was not boring. P ended up carrying a lot of luggage (read 35 + 14 + 6 Kgs). The limit was something like (20 + 7 + 4). Was wondering why did I not transfer my house.
Anyways, so we reached Singapore and straight away caught a taxi and were on our way to NTU campus. This univ's campus is huge!! I have never ever seen such a huge and still impeccably maintained campus. Lush green with forests, awesome infrastructure and tonnes of students! Looks like a small city in itself.
The first day went about in running around the campus. Being new to the place, I did not know the shuttle routes well and preferred walking. Got my hostel room keys, got my medical check-up done and in the process also met up my virtual friends for real. I knew these guys (my future classmates P, Vj, Viv, Am, An, Su, Sa, Ar) from the yahoogrp that we had formed, but was meeting them for the first time.
The next few days went about in settling myself in Singapore aka buying necessary stuff (bucket, mug, pillow, sweeper etc) and bonding with these new friends of mine. We all seemed to gel well from the word go. Not complaining! :)
1st of August was when our formal induction and orientation program started. More about it in the next post.

No comments: